Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Raid+ Paper Prototyping: Paper Strikes Back!

Now that the new school semester has started back it is time to dive deep back into blogging about Raid + stuff. Without giving too much away about the game we are pretty much starting over from square one as far as design goes this semester. Luckily for me the majority of the Tech gets to stay in place but this time through the design process the leads are really pushing to find the fun before we get back into developing. I find this to be a terrific idea. I was incredibly worried that the slow and tedious nature of the old version of the game would go unrecognized. I was so relieved when I found out that we were overhauling it but now as Tech guy I don't really have a whole lot of tech tasks to work on since development ceased. Meaning that I have been spending a lot of my time in paper prototyping sessions. After playing the game a number of times I voiced my opinion on what I thought about the new game. I thought it was more fun and faster than the old version but I thought that a number of the systems in place were over complicated. I also thought that the systems provided very little depth in contrast with large complexity which is never a good thing. In a similar fashion to all my other criticisms I've made in the past, they were largely ignored and I was branded not the target demographic for the game. I suppose there is some validity to that since many of the other Raid Members were having fun. Maybe I am just weird. But still I wonder if the fun in the sessions was more coming from the teams personalities rather than the game itself....Or maybe I am just Weird. Time Will Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment